The South East of England boasts more than its fair share of glorious gardens ranging from small cottage gardens to spectacular formal gardens, it’s not known as the Garden of England for nothing.
Our favourites for group visits include:
- Vita Sackville West and Harold Nicholson’s iconic garden at Sissinghurst
- The ‘Picturesque’ style gardens of Scotney Castle
- Lord Astor’s Italian Gardens at Hever Castle
- The exuberant Godinton House & Gardens
- Christopher Lloyd’s breathtakingly colourful garden at Great Dixter
There are also less well known gems such as Gertrude Jekyll’s Secret Gardens of Sandwich, the Pine Gardens at St Margaret’s Bay, Clinton Lodge in Fletching, Tom Hart Dyke’s Lullingstone World Garden, The Himalayan Garden at Riverhill House and Lord Sackville’s private garden at Knole.
We can also guide you round the world famous gardens of Hampton Court Palace.
Many of the gardens are close enough to each other to allow your group to visit one in the morning and another in the afternoon. We can recommend tea/coffee stops, local lunch locations, even garden centres for those whose inspiration & enthusiasm has been fired up by the delightful gardens.